We all know we should do it, but there always seem to be little temptations that get in the way. The importance just never seems to top that “at the moment” feeling, especially when we are out with friends, eating out and going to movies. It’s always in the back of our minds, but we don’t seem to practice it.
Here are some tips to help you watch where you spend your money:
- Use Mint.com, they have a mobile app and a website that connects to your bank accounts to help you set up budgets for the things you buy the most and help you set up monthly goals to reach.
- If you have student loans, consolidate them into one easy payment and set it up for an auto draft online. This will also help build up credit.
- Set up your utility bills for an auto-draft payment online. This will help with paying bills on time.
- Use the “My Savings Machine” on Bills.com. This will help you see how much you can save yearly in your spending habits.
- Save big with your tax return and put it towards a down payment on a house. Nothing is better than an investment toward your future home.